Home Delivery Option for Books and DVDs
This service offers a convenient contact-free home delivery option for books, audiobooks, DVDs, and music CDs.
Library materials are mailed to you for free! Just return them to your nearest library location.
- ✔Hillsborough County residents 17 years old or older.
- ✔All items except for electronic devices and oversize items.
How It Works
- Request an item in the online catalog and choose Borrow by Mail as your pickup location.
- The item will be delivered to your home within two weeks at no cost.
- Return items via the book drops at your nearest library location. Or return by mail (postage charges apply).
Frequently Asked Questions
You can request 10 Borrow by Mail items at a time.
There’s a four-week checkout period to accommodate delivery time for most items. DVDs have a two weeks checkout period. Borrow by Mail items can also be renewed.
Use our address check with your full library card number and pin to view the address in your account.
Yes, delivery is via U.S. Postal Service only and the address must be able to receive mail/parcels, including P.O. Boxes.
Borrow by Mail was a service that was planned to launch in 2020 and was incorporated into the library’s 2020 budget.