Local Author Spotlight
For Local Writers
The purpose of the local author collection is to support and encourage content creation, entrepreneurial achievement, and community prosperity, and to encourage local authors to meet and share their work and experiences. Authors may submit a physical book as well as an eBook, if available.
Submissions are welcome from local authors that reside in the Tampa Bay area (Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Hernando, Citrus, Sarasota, Manatee or Polk County). All local authors must have a valid Hillsborough County Public Library card, or be a reciprocal borrower.
Be sure to take a look at the self-publishing resources in the library collection.
Print Book Submissions
- Authors must submit a physical copy of their book for review.
- Authors must turn in a Local Author Submission form (additional guidelines are on the form).
- To ensure our catalog contains an image of your book cover please provide a thumbnail in jpeg format.
- Authors who would like to be featured in the Local Author Spotlight should also submit a high-resolution photo in jpeg format and a short biography of 2-3 sentences.
The following items are required for all local author e-book submissions:
- A Local Author Submission form
- A signed copy of the Supplier Agreement
- A completed Author Worksheet
- Two versions of your work's cover image in jpeg format (one full-size and one thumbnail)
- A digital copy of the book itself, in EPUB or PDF format
- Authors who would like to be featured in the Local Author Spotlight should also submit a high-resolution photo in jpeg format, and short biography of 2-3 sentences.
To submit, send the required documents via email to email@example.com.